The Color Run Miami / 2012...
You know when you see something and it’s just so exciting that you know you have to be a part of it?
That’s how I felt when I learned about the Color Run!
I immediately emailed the contact on the website.
Anyone that knows me, and is a fan of my photography…knows just how important color is to me.
The more vibrant the better.
For those of you who haven’t heard of the Color Run, it is a one-of-a-kind event that bills itself as “The happiest 5k on the planet.”
It’s really not a race at all, and more about having fun and being blasted with color. At each kilometer of the run, you are blasted with a different colored powder (completely non-toxic, don’t worry).
The Color Run should be on everyone’s bucket list.
I love this…….the color, the happiness, the people, the after celebration, did i mention the color.
In my opinion there wasn’t enough color, and the after party ended too soon.
I wonder who selects the colors they use and the order they go in……yellow, blue, light pink, orange.
Wasn’t vibrant enough for me….now hot pink, aqua, yellow, and purple……..is more like it.
People in Miami do not listen to directions……is it so hard the throw all the color up at the same time…
I need a few more color runs for sure……
If you’re thinking about taking part in a Color Run, and you should.
here are my tips:
1. Get as much color as you can!
2. Goggles of some sort are a must, and a mask or bandana to cover your mouth and nose.
Hmmm this sounds an awful lot like Burning Man sandstorm gear.
3. A belt bag or little backpack to carry your cell phone, keys, bottled water, and extra packets of color, and some money to buy color run apparel.
4. Buy extra color packets at registration. It’s nice to have your own variety!
5. Bring your kids. Take your time. Have fun….take lots of pictures!!
6. wear all white / have fun with it.
7. bring a change of clothes and shoes
I was supposed to be there at 6 am, of course I fell asleep at 4 am…….so i missed the start of the race.
Rushing down to Key Biscayne, to then sit in traffic to park was very surreal. So much traffic for a Sunday morning at 7am. No need to be anxious….you start when you start, no pressure.
By 11 am it was over and people went on with their regular Sunday activities……
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.